Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Appliances Abound

Twelve days until we move into our (temporarily rental) home! We are beyond excited.

Take a few steps into our current condo, and it is immediately apparent that a move is imminent. (Our dining table has become the landing pad for all those random items we are not quite sure if we want / need to keep.)

Our bank account is showing signs of the move as well. Yesterday we withdrew enough money to cover first and last months' rent and our security deposit (the majority of which will go towards our closing costs when the Bank finally approves the sale). Immediately after leaving the bank, Hubby and I purchased a fridge - the one appliance that does not come with the house. And, as if that was not enough cash to drop in one day, we are back at it today! As soon as my father-in-law gets here with his van, we are going to look at (and hopefully purchase) a nice washer / dryer set I found on Craigslist.

Update: Our new washer and dryer! (Stock image courtesy of www.homeeverything.com)


Surprisingly enough, I am not freaking out about how much money we are spending. Maybe it is because the money is going towards things we honestly need. Or maybe it is because the fridge and washer / dryer set together cost less than the new mattress we bought last month. Or maybe I am just finally secure with where we are financially. Either way, I am currently riding the "new place" high and am looking forward to many more home-stuff purchases to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment