We get to see Nemo again on Tuesday! I am so excited and cannot wait to see how much my little fish has grown since my NT scan four weeks ago. To make it even more exciting, there is a good chance that we will be able to find out whether we are expecting a baby girl or boy. (I know it is a little early, but thecradle reports that, by this time, Baby's genitals are distinctly male or female in appearance, and many of the March 2012 Moms have had successful gender scans already.)
In light of the impeding reveal, I have decided to consult the Old Wives' tales for a preliminary "guess" at Baby's gender.
OWT #1 - Sleep Position
If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? You're pregnant with a girl.
Result: Inconclusive. Since I forced myself to start sleeping on my left side at the beginning of this pregnancy, (I heard it allows for better circulation) it has become quite easy to sleep on my left; however, I am usually much more comfortable on my right side.
OWT #2 - Upset Stomach
Little girls aren't always sweet. Extreme nausea means you are having a daughter.
Result: Inconclusive. I have vomited multiple times during this pregnancy, which is extreme for me, since I never threw up with either of my angels. Still, I can count the times I have been physically sick on one hand; I doubt the Old Wives would consider that extreme.
OWT #3 - Soft or Dry Hands
If your hands are dry during pregnancy, you are having a boy; soft - expect a girl.
Result: Girl
OWT #4 - Food Cravings
If you're craving citrus while pregnant, you're having a girl.
Result: Boy
OWT #6 - Graceful or Clumsy
OWT #7 - Face Weight Gain
OWT #5 - Adult Acne
If altering hormones make your skin break out, expect a girl.
If altering hormones make your skin break out, expect a girl.
Result: Girl
OWT #6 - Graceful or Clumsy
If you feel as though you're gliding through the day, you'll have a girl. Stumbling? It's a boy.
Result: GirlOWT #7 - Face Weight Gain
If your face gets fuller, it means you're having a girl.
Result: Boy
OWT #8 - Sugar and Spice Food Cravings
Craving salt during pregnancy? Potato chips mean a boy is on the way. Need something sweet? Candy means you're having a girl.
Result: Girl
OWT #10 - High or Low Pregnant Belly
OWT #12 - Toddler Advice
OWT #13 - Even and Odd Numbers
So it looks like the Old Wives are predicting a baby girl. (For the record, the Chinese, my mother, and the majority of my students agree.) Hopefully we will find out this week!
OWT #9 - Mood Changes
If you're experiencing pregnant mood-swings, expect a baby girl to arrive soon.
Result: GirlOWT #10 - High or Low Pregnant Belly
If you're carrying the baby low on your stomach, expect a boy. If it's high, you're having a girl.
Result: Girl
OWT #11 - Baby Weight
OWT #11 - Baby Weight
If you're carrying baby in front, it's a boy. Is the weight spaced all around your middle? It's a girl.
Result: Girl
OWT #12 - Toddler Advice
If a toddler boy shows interest in your belly, you'll have a girl. If he ignores you, it's a boy.
Result: Inconclusive. When we first told my in-laws about Nemo, my three-year-old nephew was all over me. He would point to my stomach and say "cousin" over and over. It was the cutest thing! I do not know if the excitement has worn off or what, but when he came over yesterday, he wanted nothing to do with my little bump.OWT #13 - Even and Odd Numbers
If your age and conception year are both even/odd, it's a girl. One even, one odd means a boy.
Result: Boy
OWT #14 - Baby's Heartbeat
OWT #14 - Baby's Heartbeat
If the baby's heart beats more than 150 times per minute, you're pregnant with a girl. Less than 150, it's a boy.
Result: Girl
OWT #15 - Stress Test
A child tends to be of the same sex as the parent who is less stressed at the time of conception.
Result: Girl
So it looks like the Old Wives are predicting a baby girl. (For the record, the Chinese, my mother, and the majority of my students agree.) Hopefully we will find out this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment