Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

IRL, etc.

Hubby and I had plans to have dinner with a friend (who we had not seen since our wedding over two years ago) and her new husband. To be frank, I was dreading it. When Hubby questioned me about it, I told him I was disinterested solely because I was not feeling well and did not want to have to put on a bra (which was actually true). After reflecting a bit on my feelings, I realized the reason I did not want to see this couple was because they had a super short engagement. (They got engaged in January and were married at beginning of this month.) From my experience, a quickie wedding usually means an oopsie-baby. As happy as I would have been for her if this was the case, I was not thrilled with the idea that there was a good chance she was going to walk into my house sporting a healthy baby-bump.

Well, I was right ... to an extent. The reason they got married so quickly was because she found out she was pregnant a few days after her husband proposed. Unfortunately, when they went to their first ultrasound, the doctors were unable to find Baby's heartbeat. She was 11 weeks along.

I feel awful for her, but at the same time, I feel blessed to now have a friend IRL who I can talk to about my losses. As much as I appreciate this blog and my beyond supportive readers, there is a part of me that still feels like I am going through all of this alone. I think having someone who I can sit in the same room with and talk to will help make this process a bit more bearable.

***

In other news, we are getting rid of our bedroom furniture tonight. Even though we will not be in our house for another six weeks (at the earliest), Hubby told me to go ahead and put our current stuff on Craigslist, thinking it would take some time to find someone interested in the set. (Our bedroom set is pretty cheap and a bit banged up from four years of use.) Well, I had more than a dozen e-mails in just two days, so we will be parting with our furniture sooner than expected. It is not a big deal, as most of our clothes are in our closet anyway. Plus, now we have a little extra cash to off-set the cost of the new mattress. Still, it is making this move seem so much more real, which is exciting ... and a bit scary.

***

One last update: Still no sign of AF. In the past, she has shown anywhere from 14-16 DPO. Today was Day 14. My temps are still completely erratic (down .5 Wednesday, up .2 Thursday, down .3 today), so I am not sure what to expect at this point. More than likely, one of these temp drops will mean something, and she will show in the next couple of days. 

To save Hubby his sanity, I promised to put a hold on testing until AF is officially late, so I will pee on Monday if AF has not shown up by then.

Obviously, I want to be pregnant, but I do not have much hope in this cycle at this point. But if you want to have some hope for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your friends' miscarriage, but I am glad for you to have IRL support. It does make a huge difference.

    And I will hold onto hope for you to be pregnant this cycle. I think you're idea of waiting to test until AF is officially late is a good one. Hang in there until you have a concrete answer about this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is actually really nice to have someone in RL who actually understands and has been through something similar to you. I am so sorry for your friends loss, but glad you now have someone to talk to.

    Keeping my fingers crossed that AF never shows up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your friend, but I'm glad you have someone to talk to IRL. It really helps. And I can totally sympathize with that whole "I'm sorry for her but also kinda not really because that means I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!! I have a kindred spirit!" (Yes, kindred spirit. I might have read Anne of Green Gables a few dozen too many times in childhood)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It is good to have someone you can relate to though. I hope AF didn't show!!!!

    ReplyDelete