My father and both of my grandmothers have been diagnosed as diabetic. Due to the prevalence of this disease in my family, I am at a higher risk to develop gestational diabetes. Knowing this, my doctor ordered an early glucose tolerance test, which I had done last Friday.
I found out this morning that, unfortunately, I did not pass the test.
I am scheduled to do the three-hour GTT Thursday morning. I am hoping that I am one of the lucky (?) women who fail the one-hour test but pass the three-hour one. I do not want to have to worry about my diet; it is already difficult enough to force myself to eat right now.
Regardless, I am thankful to be pregnant, and I am willing to do whatever it takes to bring home a healthy baby in March, even if it means passing on the funfetti cake for the next seven months.
Hopefully you will be one of those who passes the 3 hr test!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I hope you pass!
ReplyDelete