We have another perfect ultrasound under our belts. :)
Even though I spent the past week telling Hubs that he was going to be blown away when he saw how much growth had occurred since our last ultrasound, I was definitely more surprised when our little baby popped up on the screen. Nemo has almost doubled in size since the last time we saw him / her. (S/he was measuring 1.13 cm at our last scan and now, at 8w4d, is 2.22 cm long.)
The tech immediately focused on Nemo and stayed there for what seemed like forever before she started to move around to gather all of the necessary measurements. I spent most of that time with my eyes glued to the flicker that is my baby's heartbeat. (Baby's heart rate was 178 BPM.) It was not until the tech said "Aw, it's moving!" that I took in the whole picture. And there s/he was, my little baby (who resembles a Gummi bear right now) wiggling his / her little arms and legs. It was too cute!
After she finished all of her measurements, the tech zoomed in to try to get us some good, close-up pictures of Nemo. During that time, we saw Nemo's fingers! (I am not sure how developed the digits are at this point - they may still just be buds.) That was definitely Hubby's favorite part, and I loved hearing the excitement in his voice when he called his dad to tell him about getting to count Baby's fingers. (My favorite part? Getting to see a baby that actually looks like a baby.)
And without further ado, here are the pictures from today's scan:




Oh, i am so pleased for both of you... Nemo is soooo cute!! x
ReplyDeleteWow, check out those arms! So cute. (Got to say I'd never thought I'd be analyzing baby ultrasounds). What is nemo measuring at? Just curious. My nemos were at measuring right on at 8w5d but at 1.9 and 1.99 cm. Your nemo is big! Yay! :)
ReplyDelete@Michelle - Baby is measuring at about 9 weeks. (S/he has been 2-3 days ahead at both of our ultrasounds.)
ReplyDeleteAnd it's funny that you say my Nemo is big; I just saw someone else post that their baby was measuring over 3 cm but was dated at just 8w3d.
That is awesome!! I am so excited for you!!
ReplyDeleteThats fantastic!! so exciting and a very strong heart beat.. you guys must be over the moon! x
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect little bubba you have there!! Just beautiful!! xx
ReplyDeleteYay! Looks great.
ReplyDeleteYay what a beautiful lil babe! I think its a girl based on the HB :)
ReplyDelete