Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Can You Feel It? [12w6d]

So I was messing with the Doppler tonight when the most (potentially) amazing thing happened: I think I felt Baby move! I was moving the Doppler around, hoping to hear something, when I felt a weird twitch higher up (almost near my belly button). It felt as if I was being pinched from the inside. I placed the Doppler where I felt the pinch, and it picked up Nemo's heart rate right away.

I know it is still early to be feeling anything (although I have been told that I may feel movement earlier than "normal" since I have a smaller frame). I also know that until Baby becomes stronger and more consistent with his/her kicks, there is no way to be absolutely certain that what I felt was indeed my baby. But there is also no way to say with 100 percent confidence that that pinch was not Nemo. So you know what, call me crazy, but I am going to go ahead and believe that I just felt my baby move. 

(And yes, I cried when it happened. Hubs wanted to hug me when he saw the tears, but I still had the gel all over my stomach.)

1 comment:

  1. With my first daughter I was skinney, and small framed. I felt her early on about the same time you did. I was so skinney actually I remember when I was laying on my back in the bathtub letting the water drain I saw her move for the first time. I'm sure she was complaining about the warm water leaving and the cool air hitting my tummy.

    ReplyDelete