I will hit the 20-week mark the coming Thursday. That means that in just five short days, Nemo* will be half-baked.
* I am waiting until we receive confirmation during Monday's scan that our little one is indeed a girl before I start using Nemo's real name here.
Hubs and I sat down together last weekend and wrote out a list of things that we would like to get done before Nemo's arrival in March. It is a long list. Granted, some of the things, such as baby-proofing our house, can wait until Nemo is mobile, but I know that the limited spare time Hubs and I have now will be even more rare once we are an official family of three, so the more that can get done pre-birth, the better.
I was hoping that having this list would serve as motivation to get things done. Unfortunately, it has had the complete opposite effect; I am now so overwhelmed by the many things Hubs and I would like to see accomplished that I feel like giving up before even getting started.
I realized recently that the only way I am going to manage to get through this list is if I break it down into more manageable pieces. And what better place to post that list than here? A place where a loose sheet of paper cannot get lost in the shuffle of schoolwork and junk-mail. A place where those who have come before me can offer recommendations and support while I attempt to accomplish my goals.
So here it is, that start of my weekly To-Do list:
Week 20: purchase paint for the nursery; paint trim and two walls
Week 21: finish painting; arrange furniture in the nursery; plan "mural"
Week 22: clean out garage; get hubby's car ready to sell; buy new car
Now that seems perfectly do-able!
My grandmother always said that the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. Definitely a doable list! So happy to hear the you and Nemo are doing well! And I can't wait to find out nemo's real name :)
ReplyDeleteOooh how exciting! I can't wait to hear! That's a good way to start on your list :)
ReplyDelete