Week 29 Goals:
- paint nursery "mural"
Mission accomplished ... last week!
- paint bookshelf
Mission accomplished ... last week!
After painting the nursery "mural," there was one spot in the room that looked pretty barren. My solution to this problem: Move one of our empty bookshelves into the nursery.
I love the idea of adding additional storage space in the nursery, but unfortunately, the wood tones did not match. No big deal ... I can just use the leftover pink paint to make the bookshelf match the room. (I can already tell this is going to be a lengthy process, as it will undoubtedly take multiple coats to get the paint to look right on the veneer, but I think the finished product will be well worth the work.)
-steam clean carpet
I love the idea of adding additional storage space in the nursery, but unfortunately, the wood tones did not match. No big deal ... I can just use the leftover pink paint to make the bookshelf match the room. (I can already tell this is going to be a lengthy process, as it will undoubtedly take multiple coats to get the paint to look right on the veneer, but I think the finished product will be well worth the work.)
* 12 / 22 Update *
Coat #1
(Wood veneer is not meant to be painted ...)
Coat #3
(Persistence pays off!)
-
Mission accomplished ... last week! (Although Hubs does plan on doing the whole house again this weekend in hopes of removing some of the deeper stains left by the previous homeowners.)
No comments:
Post a Comment