Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Week 26 [To-Do List]

Week 26 Goals:

- make baby shower invitations
   My shower is in 44 days. Since I would like to give my guests a month's notice (at least), I have just two weeks to make and send these invitations. (Luckily, I only have to make 10-12 invitations - a perk to having a very small group of girlfriends / female family members.)

* 12 / 3 Update *

I finished a rough draft of the"cover art" for my shower invitations this morning. (Picture below.) Hubs and I think it is adorable, so I have officially been green-lighted to start the actual invites. I hope to finish the artwork for all the invitations today, leaving me plenty of time to work on the "party details" page(s) tomorrow. My goal is to assemble all the pieces / invites by Wednesday. 


* Another 12 / 3 Update *

So our printer is out of ink. Guess I am going to have to wait until a new cartridge arrives before I can start working on the invitations.

- install car seat
* 12 / 3 Update *



View from the Driver's Seat

- clean / organize "narnia"
   We have a single closet on the first floor of our house. It is located under the stairs. Since this area would otherwise be dead space, the builders decided to turn it into a walk-in closet. When Hubs and I first noticed how deep it was, we affectionately nicknamed the closet Narnia.
   At first, Narnia was a place for us to organize all the odds and ends that belonged downstairs but did not need to be out / on display all the time. However, as I started cleaning other areas of the house / acquiring new things, Narnia became a storage space; it soon filled up with piles of things that did not have a designated home - either because we did not know where to put it or we no longer wanted it. 
   Hubs and I were able to live with Narnia's (temporary) change in function ... until I received Baby's travel system for my birthday and simply had to put it together. While I love the piece, it is now near impossible, especially with my constantly expanding belly, to get into and move around in Narnia.
   This week, Hubs and I are taking Narnia back. Once Baby's travel system is moved to its new home in our new car, I will be able to get into and organize the rest of the closet. While it will probably be quite some time before everything in Narnia actually belongs in Narnia, simply being able to walk in our walk-in closet again will be a dramatic and much-welcomed change.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good!! You guys are doing great. Exciting about your shower!

    ReplyDelete