Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Busy Day [27w4d]

As I left the house this morning, I dropped my baby shower invitations in the mail. (For pictures of the finished invitations, click here.) 

Then I dropped my car off for an oil change.

My 28-week OB appointment was scheduled for 8:45. Hubs and I arrived a few minutes early; by 8:42, I had been weighed, measured, poked, and had swallowed a crazy amount of orange sugar. (I am so glad I was allowed to give the orange drink another try. I threw up the fruit punch last time and ended up having to choke down an obscene amount of jelly beans.)

In between blood draws, I saw the NP. Everything looked good: my blood pressure was perfect, my urine was clean, and Baby's heartbeat sounded beautiful (as always). She had me schedule my next appointment for just two weeks from now! I cannot believe we are at that point already.

Then it was off to pick up my car before heading home for a much-desired LUNCH! (By this time, it had been close to fifteen hours since my last meal.)

After lunch, I made the templates for the butterfly stencils I need to finish painting the nursery. 

Then it was nap time.

When Hubs woke me up shortly after 2:00, I wanted to punch him in the face and then go back to sleep. Unfortunately, I had a 2:45 appointment with Dr. Blood, so that was not really an option. Instead, Hubs and I got back in the car and drove headed to the hematologist's office. We talked on the way about where we expected my counts to be. I told him that while I would love to see 100, I would be satisfied if they were simply holding steady; he agreed. Needless to say, we were both shocked when Dr. Blood came in and told us my platelets were up to 201! (Yay for normal!)

And to make a long day even longer, Hubs and I stopped at the store on the way home to pick up a Christmas present for our nephews.

After such a busy day, I am looking forward to a quiet evening with Hubs, his amazing fajitas, and a new episode of HIMYM.

No comments:

Post a Comment