Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Last Scan [27w6d]

This afternoon, I went in for what will most likely be my last ultrasound for this pregnancy.

Before I go on to detail my disappointments with today's scan, let me just say that I do realize that I am extraordinarily fortunate. I know countless people (both personally and through this blog) who would love to be in my position: to have a caring and involved mother-in-law who can "schedule" a free ultrasound whenever the desire strikes. And I do appreciate every single opportunity I get to see my little girl in utero; while owning a Doppler and feeling consistent movements bring a great deal of peace, there is nothing as reassuring as actually getting to see a healthy, live, active child on a screen in front of you.

With that being said ...

I was so unimpressed with my ultrasound that I almost did not bother to blog about it. (In fact, I am writing this post almost a week post-scan.)

After a few rolls on the table, Baby moved into the perfect position for a regular scan. We got to see her adorable feet, the best view of her face thus far, and even got to watch her lungs move as she practiced her breathing. Those few moments made the 45-minute drive worth it. I just wish I had pictures of those precious moments, but the tech was more interested in getting the perfect 3D/4D image and I was too uncomfortable to ask for the pictures I now so desperately covet.

I also wish I could report on Baby Girl's size, but even after dropping a few subtle hints and then outright asking, the tech would not give us an estimate.

We did end up with a few decent 3D/4D pictures of our little one. They are nothing amazing, as Baby stuck her foot in her face and absolutely refused to move it. Still, they are pictures of my little girl, and regardless of whether they are the best pictures - or even the pictures I wanted, I will treasure them forever and show them off with pride, just as I have with all my prior pictures.


Baby's Profile


Baby's Face ... and Foot

1 comment: