Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Coming-Home Outfit [30w0d]

Ever since I learned that Nemo is actually Madelynne, I have been struggling to find the perfect coming-home outfit for my little girl. (I know that some people find this outfit to be meaningless and as a result, the decision on what their child will leave the hospital wearing is rather simple. I, however, expect both sets of grandparents to follow us home after Maddie and I are discharged, and I have no doubts that our first day home will involve an abundance of pictures. And I want my little girl to look absolutely adorable in those picture. So sue me.

The first outfit I had picked out was a mock-dress made by Carter's. Unfortunately, by the time I picked it out, it was out of stock. I kept an eye out for it on eBay, but every time I found it, it is either the wrong size or over my budget.

My second choice was a fish-themed bodysuit made by Just One Year. I loved the little fish, as our Madelynne was first our Nemo, but when I sent a picture to my mother-in-law, she sent me a virtual side-eye. Apparently a bodysuit does not make for a memorable coming-home outfit.

After two failed attempts at finding the perfect outfit, I threw in the towel. I decided to wait it out and hope that I received something useful at my baby shower. 

That was until I logged into eBay this morning and found this:


In a perfect world, the bodysuit would have short-sleeves, as the temperatures in the South can be a bit unpredictable in the early Spring and I would rather not layer Baby in long-sleeves. Still, I am absolutely in love and have no intentions of passing up on something so adorable because of something so minor.

I submitted an offer and am hopeful I will be able to work out a good deal with the seller. If not, I will ask my mother-in-law to split the cost. (She already has two grandsons, so she is thrilled to finally be able to buy for a little girl.)

* Update *

The seller wanted $16.95 for everything pictured, but since I said she could keep the socks, she accepted my offer of just $8.50! I am so happy and cannot wait until it arrives!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit. I'm sure she'll look just perfect when she comes home in it :)

    ReplyDelete