Just got home from my SIS (saline infusion sonogram). The doctor was correct yesterday; there is an abnormal mass in my uterus. The doctor did not share any measurements with me, nor did I ask, but even I could tell from the ultrasound why my babies have had difficulty "sticking" - a good portion of my womb is not actually baby-safe uterine lining.
(This is not my ultrasound from today. I stole this image because it is easier to show than tell.)
The doctor will not know for sure if the mass is a polyp or a fibroid until he gets in there. But the game plan for me is the same regardless: hysterscopy. I have been instructed to call the office to schedule the procedure (probably for the end of next week). A week after, I will have a post-op consultation with my doctor. If everything checks out at that point, we will be cleared to try to conceive. (Luckily, with time to spare before my next fertile window.)
I cried the entire way home. I kept repeating over and over "I have a polyp. They are going to remove it, and then I am going to have a baby." Sometimes things just work out.

I know seevral girls who have conceieved after having polyps removed, they can definately hinder the implantation process. This is great news, you will have answers and success soon! Everything crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I am completely over-the-moon right now.
ReplyDeleteYes! You are going to have a baby!!!
ReplyDelete