Another ultrasound under our belts. (I would love to call it a successful one, but seeing as how I had an appointment to have some labs drawn immediately after the ultrasound, I could not wait around to get the official "looks good" from the doctor.)
Positives:
All of Baby's body parts, including her vital organs, are present and measure on track (or ahead of schedule). Her little heart is still beating away at 150 BPM. And she has put on 11 ounces since our last ultrasound, bringing her current weight to 1 lb 8 oz.
Concerns:
There is still a small bright spot in Maddie's heart. When I was originally made aware of this, my OB said that while this spot - called an echogenic intracardiac focus - can be a marker for Down syndrome, he has never seen a baby born with Down's that exhibits only this marker. I am trying not to worry (and am doing exceptionally well, if I may say so myself), but if I had any control over this, that spot would have been gone by today's ultrasound.
Also, the ultrasound tech did not say anything (although I do not think she is legally allowed to comment), but according to Dr. Google, my cervix is measuring a tad on the short side. Again, I am trying not to worry, especially since today Baby was head down and positioned directly over my cervix, making it very difficult for the tech to even get the necessary measurement. I will just take it easy for the next three weeks and have the tech check again at my next scan.
And since I have nothing else to report, I leave you with the newest pictures of my baby girl.
Oh yeah, and while I was waiting for my ultrasound, I pre-registered at the hospital. I had to sign a couple of consent forms for both myself and Baby. Call me hormonal, but I definitely teared up while signing Maddie's papers - I cannot believe I am going to be someone's parent.
Those 3D ultrasounds are sooo cool! Maddie's little face is adorable and so peaceful. She looks like she's curled up in a little ball sleeping. And you go ahead and cry those happy tears girlfriend, you have earned every one of them!
ReplyDelete