I am going to make this short and not-so-sweet ...
My OB's office called this afternoon. My platelets dropped from 200 to 66. I am being referred to a specialist. Hopefully I hear from him soon ... I am a complete wreck.
* Update *
Since I had not heard from anyone, I called my OB today. The nurse informed me that they were not planning on submitting my referral until tomorrow (umm ... really?!), but if I wanted, I could call the specialist myself to set up an appointment. Obviously I chose that option.
Turns out the OB-recommended specialist is on medical leave. The nurse I spoke with said that, as far as she knew, none of the other doctors at the practice accepted pregnant patients. She said she would check to be sure and call me back ... I have yet to hear from her.
I ended up consulting my insurance benefits and found a list of hematologists in my area that accept my insurance. I went down the list until I found someone who could see me ASAP. It took a while, but I now have a specialist appointment scheduled for 9:45 Friday morning.
Wish me luck.
Since I had not heard from anyone, I called my OB today. The nurse informed me that they were not planning on submitting my referral until tomorrow (umm ... really?!), but if I wanted, I could call the specialist myself to set up an appointment. Obviously I chose that option.
Turns out the OB-recommended specialist is on medical leave. The nurse I spoke with said that, as far as she knew, none of the other doctors at the practice accepted pregnant patients. She said she would check to be sure and call me back ... I have yet to hear from her.
I ended up consulting my insurance benefits and found a list of hematologists in my area that accept my insurance. I went down the list until I found someone who could see me ASAP. It took a while, but I now have a specialist appointment scheduled for 9:45 Friday morning.
Wish me luck.
I hope they can get you in very soon.
ReplyDeletefingers crossed its nothing to worry about xx
ReplyDeleteHow did your appointment go? xx
ReplyDelete