Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Here We Go

When I posted yesterday about the results of my hysteroscopy and our plan moving forward, I assumed I would have a few weeks to wallow and hate life for being an Indian-giver. According to my LMP, I was expecting CD1 next Friday and ovulation approximately two weeks later. That would give me three weeks to get used to our current odds of having a sustainable pregnancy.

Life apparently has different plans.


Yup, that is a positive OPK (on CD23). Hubby and I exchanged a brief glance and immediately decided that the time to try is NOW (quite literally). 

I could not be more thankful for this opportunity. I know there is no way to guarantee I will get pregnant. And from past experience, I know there is an even smaller chance that any pregnancy will result in a real live baby. But I feel good. I know that I am in a much better place, with all the news still fresh in my mind, than I would be in a few weeks, after stewing in the sadness, anxiety, and fear that comes with losing a diagnosis, my miracle fix-all.

I would love to say there is nothing but joy surrounding this recent development, but anyone who has suffered multiple miscarriages (or even just one) would be lying if they said they felt 100% optimistic at this point in their cycle. I can say, however, that my main concern right now is whether or not I will get pregnant. I am sure that, if I do get my BFP, my worries will quickly refocus to the viability of the pregnancy, but for now, I am taking comfort in the fact that I have been blessed with the opportunity to experience a 'normal' pregnancy-related emotion. (And maybe, just maybe, I will get to experience a normal pregnancy in the near future as well.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better and GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you DO get that normal pregnancy very very soon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just started using opk's this month and i learnt so much from them... who knows maybe this month will be the winner for you guys.

    GL! xx

    ReplyDelete