We heard from our realtor today. Turns out, the bank has received multiple offers on the house and have asked all potential buyers to resubmit their "highest and best" offer.
When we got the update, hubby and I figured we were out of the game. We assumed that our offer was not good enough, and we felt helpless. While we qualify for more than we offered, we do not have the funds to put a down payment on a more expensive place. My hubby apologized, we put smiles on our faces, and on we went.
For a couple of minutes.
After continuing to think about it, I realized that if hubby and I did not do something in response to the bank's request to resubmit, I would regret it. In the end, I will be okay if we do not get this house. As long as we try.
So try we will. We are returning to our realtor's office tomorrow afternoon to put in our final offer. We are adding $3k to our original offer and moving up our closing date from June to April. Hopefully that will impress the bank - only time will tell.
Thanks. I'm feeling pretty confident right now. It helps to know that, win or lose, we did all that we could.
ReplyDelete