Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

No News = Bad News

Last night, as I set my alarm for 7:30, I relished in the fact that I did not have to wake up at 6:15. 

This morning, I woke up at 5:50. 

Since I did not have to be at my training session until 8:30, I wasted away my morning randomly clicking on various webpages. At one point, I clicked on the listing for the house we put an offer on. Still there. Less than thirty minutes later, I clicked on the same site, and the house was gone. I did a bit of investigating and found that the house was taken off the market and was "pending" sale. Since I was not sure what stage a sale is in when the status is switched to pending, I e-mailed our realtor. We just got an e-mail saying that the bank had gone with a different offer.

Our realtor was livid. He forwarded us the e-mail that he sent to the property manager, and it was very accusing. He was entirely unimpressed with the lack of updates he / we received from the bank. He was also beyond pissed that our initial offer was "rejected" because we did not want to close until June ... Guess when the chosen buyers are closing on the house? Yup, June.

I am not upset by this. Ever since we found out that the polyp was not really a polyp, I have been a bit hesitant to purchase a house. Hubby still really wants to buy a house and settle down, but I have a hard time seeing the point to throwing a bunch of money into a 3-4 bedroom house when we have very little reason to believe we will be able to fill those rooms anytime soon.

Still ... What if things work out for us sooner than later? What if my take-home baby is settled comfortably into my uterus as I type? I definitely want a house for my baby to grow up in; I want to decorate a room for Baby while Baby makes a room out of me. And if we are forced down the adoption route, I want to impress potential birth-parents with the stable, loving environment we have created for their baby.

I guess the truth is, I want a house. More importantly, I want a baby to put in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment