Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A New High

Today started like any other day. I woke up, turned off my alarm, and grabbed my thermometer. While I waited for my thermometer to beep, I told myself stories to make myself feel optimistic about the inevitable temperature drop. (The most believable one: "Of course your temperature is going to be lower today. It is raining outside and it is freezing in this room; how could that NOT have an effect on your temperature?!")

When my thermometer finally beeped, I got out of bed and started getting ready for work. First thing on my list: read my temp. I had already put so much stock in today's temperature being lower (with absolutely no correlation to a possible pregnancy) that I just briefly glanced at the screen. But in that brief glance, I saw something that made me look again. 

36.82

That is the highest temperature I have had since I started charting back in December.

I know it is still early (I am only 6 DPO), but I am taking that as a good sign. :)

3 comments:

  1. Temp spikes are ALWAYS a good sign! :-) Good luck this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My chart is definitely not as pretty as yours was this cycle - but I still have hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete