When Hubs and I started trying to conceive again (after our second loss), I spent a lot of time on the interwebs. During the many hours I spent stalking random baby-related websites, I learned that OPKs can be used to detect pregnancy. (For lack of a better explanation, LH and hCG, the hormones OPKs and HPTs detect, respectively, are twins. Apparently hCG has a little something extra, though, so while OPKs can react to both LH and hCG, HPTs only pick up on hCG.)
Anyway, ever since I found out, I have wanted to put this to the test. I tried a couple of months ago, but since I was not pregnant, it obviously did not work.
When I got my BFP on Tuesday, I mentioned wanting to test again with an OPK to my Hubs. Not knowing the exact science behind it, he suggested I wait a few more days to ensure that whatever hormone the OPK picked up on was strong enough to produce the desired result.
So today, at 15 DPO, I peed on an OPK. Here is what I got:
That is interesting. I've heard about this before, but never seen a photo of it working.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm just now catching up on blogs, and wanted to say congrats on your BFP. Can't wait to hear how your first appointment goes.
I would say you are pregnant! Congrats and good luck!
ReplyDeleteThe best reason I found on why OPKs work is because LH and hCg are like twin sisters, they look the same. OPKs look for the twin in general (LH or hCg) and pregnancy tests look just for the sister wearing a hat (hCg). It was on peaonastick.com I believe.