I just got back from my first "official" prenatal visit. Today's doctor was much more personable than Dr. Rambles, but I am still a tad unimpressed with the practice. My biggest complaint is that none of the doctors show up until after 9:00, even though I am on their schedule for 8:30. I am also a tad annoyed that everyone is still insisting on using an EDD based on my LMP even though my O date puts Baby's expected arrival a week later. It is hard to schedule future appointments, especially the NT scan, during the "acceptable" time frame when the doctors and I have differing opinions on when that window actually occurs.
The good news is that one of their errors actually worked out in my favor. Since I have to go to one of their sister offices when I have an ultrasound done, I had to sign a medical release so all of my information could be shared between the offices. Well, the receptionist did not have me sign that paper until this morning, so they did not have any record of last week's ultrasound. Again, slightly annoying, especially since that ultrasound confirmed a later EDD, but since it looks like I have not had an ultrasound yet, I did not have to beg for another one; the doctor requested one without my even asking. So I get to see my baby again on Monday. :)
In addition to my ultrasound on Monday (at 8w4d), I scheduled my first round of bloodwork, including the one-hour glucose test, on 8/5 (at 9w1d). My NT scan is set for 8/19 (at 11w1d), and I will see the doctor again for my next prenatal appointment on 8/22 (at 11w4d). Busy, busy bee!
No comments:
Post a Comment