Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Knocked Up [4w1d]

Remember the scene(s) in Knocked Up when Katherine Heigl is trying to find an OB/GYN? They spend a good five minutes showing her interviews with all these crazy doctors. Well, the doctor I met with this morning definitely would have fit comfortably in that awkward montage. 

Before, during, and after my pap, Dr. Rambles* went on and on about a bunch of things I do not particularly care to hear about from the elderly stranger currently touching my lady parts. He started by talking about how his son had his class participation grade marked down in one class because he said a particular Republican was liberal. He then announced that he does not believe in evolution before moving on to a book about some one-of-a-kind tree that grows on the island people believe to be Avalon. I think I pulled off the "smile and nod" thing pretty well, but I swear I was one obscure topic away from politely reminding the man that I was still naked so could he shut the ... up.

* Not sure why I bothered giving this guy a pseudonym. He is the head doctor at the practice, but he does not deliver, so as long as this is a viable pregnancy, I should never see him again.

Anyway, good news: 

- Nurse said the second line showed up right away, so my eggo is definitely preggo. 

- My first sonogram is scheduled for July 21. I will be 7 weeks exactly. I plan to keep my fingers crossed for the next 20 days that we will get to see / hear Baby's heartbeat at that appointment. *PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! *

- My next OB appointment is scheduled for July 27. I will be 7w6d. Not an exciting appointment; as long as the sonogram goes well on the 21st, the OB appointment will just be paperwork and bloodwork. But we should be able to schedule the next ultrasound (probably the NT scan) then. * God, I hope I get to that point! *

1 comment:

  1. Well, thank Darwin you won't have to see him again! A doctor who doesn't believe in evolution? Uhhh. Ok.

    Seriously. What a weird, weird appointment.

    ReplyDelete