Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Next (Last?) 24 Hours [6w6d]

My sonogram is scheduled for 9:30 tomorrow morning. 

If I were to break down this pregnancy to a regular Joe-Schmo, they would immediately assure me that what I am experiencing is the expected start to a normal, healthy pregnancy. Y'know, the kind that actually results in a real live baby at the end of nine months.

I will be honest, this pregnancy does seem to be progressing perfectly. 

But even though everything seems to be going well, I am scared. I cannot shake the feeling that these are the last twenty-four hours I will ever get to experience pregnant.

I have so much more to say about this, but I cannot find the words. I promise (for my own sake, mainly) to find the words in a post-miscarriage post - if I am forced to write one. 

Until then, I am just going to lay on the couch watching bad reality TV until I am ready for a nap. And through it all, I am going to ignore any negative thoughts and instead focus on the fact that Today, I am pregnant, and I love my baby.

2 comments:

  1. Praying that your sonogram goes perfectly tomorrow and you get to feel the joy of being pregnant until you get to hold your precious baby in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really hoping you have a great news to share tomorrow! I was super nervous before my first ultrasound too. Actually, now that I mention it, I've been nervous before all of my appointments. I'm hoping that starts going away eventually.

    ReplyDelete